BUILDING INSPECTIONS MUST BE SCHEDULED BEFORE 4 P.M. THE DAY BEFORE INSPECTIONS.
Schedule Building Inspections by Calling 303-644-3249 ext.1034 or by emailing email@example.com
No inspections after 11:00 a.m. Fridays.
Electrical Inspections are available Tuesdays and Thursdays.
New construction permits requires an appointment. Please call Sara Aragon at (303)644-3249 ext. 1012 or firstname.lastname@example.org
The Town of Bennett is pleased to offer a "One Stop" building permit for certain projects. See if your project qualifies.
If your project doesn't qualify for our "One Stop" permit, use one of the following permit forms:
- One Stop Building Permit
- General Building Permit
- Flood Damage Prevention Permit
- Oversize/Overweight Moving Application
- Show Marijuana Cultivation Building Permit
- Right of Way, Construction or Access Use Application
- Infrastructure/Utility Permit Application
- New Street/Concrete Infrastructure Permit
- Sign Permit
- Fence Permit
- Residential Development Checklist
- Commercial Development Checklist
- Accessory Structure Checklist
Monthly Permit Reports
Electrical License Contemporaneous Review Guidelines
You may print and complete all pages of the building permit application and return them to the Town of Bennett in person or by mail. You may also complete the electronic form and return by email. Send the completed application to the Town of Bennett Building Department by:
- Hand delivery (during regular business hours)
- USPS - mail (207 Muegge Way, Bennett 80102)
- Email (email@example.com)
A representative will process the application and notify you of the fee to be paid by cash, check or online with a credit card. Credit cards cannot be taken over the phone.
Once payment has been received, a receipt, permit and permit card will be completed and work may commence.
Failure to obtain a permit prior to beginning work will result in the permit fees doubling.
Bennett Fire Protection District will also inspect construction, by working with the Town this will help ensure that builders have all the necessary information up front.
Please contact Bennett Fire Protection District at: (303) 644-3572
Permit Fee Information
Please see the Town of Bennett Schedule of Fees for typical fees associated with obtaining a building permit from the Town of Bennett. Please note, however, each project is specific and final fees are not determined until a complete building permit application has been submitted and reviewed by Town staff.
Typical taxes associated with building permits:
- 2% Use Tax which is calculated based on half of the total valuation of the project
- 0.25% Arapahoe County open space sales & use tax which is calculated based on half of the total valuation for the projects within Arapahoe County.
Many building permits require a detailed plan before your permit will be approved.We have some helpful guides to our most common building projects.
Building guides for manufactured or mobile homes