The Town of Bennett recently implemented a new system for issuing Building Permits. You must first create an account. Instructions for how to do so can be found here. If you are an existing contractor please email email@example.com to obtain an access code, this will allow you to link your existing license and permits to your portal.
You can apply for the following permits through the Building Permit Portal:
- One Stop Building Permit
- General Building Permit
- Fence Permit
- Sign Permit
- Infrastructure/Utility Permit
- New Street/Concrete Infrastructure Permit
- Right of Way, Construction or Access Use Permit
New construction permits requires an appointment. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org for an appointment.
The Town of Bennett is pleased to offer a "One Stop" building permit for certain projects. If you have questions if you need a permit you can download the handout below or watch this video.
Once payment has been received, a receipt, permit and permit card will be completed and work may commence.
Failure to obtain a permit prior to beginning work will result in the permit fees doubling.
Permit Fee Information
Please see the Town of Bennett Schedule of Fees for typical fees associated with obtaining a building permit from the Town of Bennett. Please note, however, each project is specific and final fees are not determined until a complete building permit application has been submitted and reviewed by Town staff.
Typical taxes associated with building permits:
- 2% Use Tax which is calculated based on half of the total valuation of the project
- 0.25% Arapahoe County open space sales & use tax which is calculated based on half of the total valuation for the projects within Arapahoe County.
Many building permits require a detailed plan before your permit will be approved. We have some helpful guides to our most common building projects.
- Enclosed Patio
- Patio Cover & Carport
- Solar (Photovoltaic) System
- 2023 Fee Schedule
If the Directory of Fees and Charges is not displaying below, download here.
- SFE Calculator
- Residential Development Checklist
Download the PDF here
- Commercial Development Checklist
Download the PDF here.
- Accessory Structure Checklist
Download the PDF here.