The Town of Bennett, through the Bennett Residential Vibrancy Initiative (REVIVE), may provide a grant of up to 90% of the costs of a qualifying project (excluding sales tax and town permit fees) in an amount up to $2,500 per residence, per year. The purpose of the program is to assist eligible property owners and tenants in upgrading their property/building facades to help create and maintain a charming, safe, code compliant and welcoming neighborhood in Bennett, Colorado.
This is a grant program that is administered on a first-come, first-served basis and is subject to annual Town funding. In order for a project to qualify for reimbursement, the project must receive grant approval from the Town prior to beginning construction. Approved residential recipients will be required to provide paid invoices of the completed project, which shall be subject to verification and approval, prior to receiving grant funds and shall meet all Town code requirements. This program does not reimburse sales tax or Town permit and application fees.
The intent of REVIVE is to provide property owners with a monetary support to improve and upgrade the outside of their homes, which will also improve the aesthetic environment of Bennett, meet code compliance and enhance the neighborhood and the community as a whole.
Qualifications & Grant Criteria
- The applicant shall be the property owner or tenant with written consent from the owner.
- The residence must be located within the Town limits of Bennett.
- Property improvements apply to exterior improvements only.
- If the property owner or tenant are making the improvements themselves and not hiring a contractor, then only the cost of materials (less sales tax or permit fees) will be considered for reimbursement.
- Applicants must receive all required approvals and permits through the Town of Bennett. Approval processes and permitting may run concurrently with the REVIVE application, however all approvals and permits must be obtained for final REVIVE approval and reimbursement.
- Projects must commence within 60 days from the REVIVE approval date and be completed by the end of each calendar year.
- Town employees are not eligible for this grant.
Types of exterior upgrade improvements which are eligible for the reimbursement grant are:
- Painting of home exterior
- Restoration and cleaning of masonry, including brick, stone and concrete. (Power washing is discouraged as a method to clean brick on any building receiving grant funding.)
- Replace or upgrade exterior siding
- Removal of inappropriate façade materials.
- Replace or upgrade fencing
- Roof repair
- Replacement of deteriorated doors
- Replacement of deteriorated windows
- Exterior lighting
- Water-wise Landscaping
- Replacement or enhancement of sidewalks or hardscape
Ineligible improvements include, but are not limited to, improvements that:
- Were started or completed prior to applying for the Façade Program.
- Are not made directly to a façade, such as outdoor furniture, planters, play equipment, etc.
- Are not found to be complementary to surrounding buildings and neighborhood character or the original character of the building.