Bennett Municipal Court is located at 207 Muegge Way, Bennett CO 80102.
2021 Bennett Municipal Court Schedule
All sessions begin at 6:00 p.m.
January 27, 2021
February 24, 2021
March 24, 2021
April 28, 2021
May 26, 2021
June 23, 2021
July 28, 2021
August 25, 2021
September 22, 2021
October 27, 2021
November 17, 2021
December 15, 2021
If you have any questions, please contact the Bennett Municipal Court at 303-644-3249.
Any violations involving Minors are required to appear at Court on the date written on the ticket. Failure to appear before the Court will result in a warrant being issued for your arrest.
- New Court Procedures
Due to the public health precautions to prevent the spread of COVID-19, the Bennett Municipal Court will be reopening to the public on July 22, 2020 with the following requirements and restrictions:
- Mandatory Face Mask or Covering: To protect vulnerable populations who appear in the Bennett Municipal Court, the Court Orders the mandatory use of face masks or coverings at all times when entering the Municipal Court building and until exit from the courthouse. The face mask or covering must remain on to cover the nose and mouth at all times unless directed by the Court to be temporarily removed.
- Restricted Court Access: At this time, the Court Orders restricted building access. Only people with a docketed matter, scheduled appointment, making a payment or needing to clear a warrant will be allowed into the courthouse.
- Social Distancing is Required: The Court Orders that all persons shall maintain a minimum of six (6) feet between themselves and all other persons. There will be markers on the floor throughout the Courthouse to provide guidance and reminders.
- After checking in with the Court Clerk on their scheduled court date, all defendants are to remain outside the building until directed to re-enter.
- If you are ill or have any flu like symptoms, DO NOT COME TO COURT. You should NOT come to Court if:
- You have been diagnosed with COVID-19 (Novel Coronavirus) and you have not received a subsequent test confirming that you are currently virus free;
- You have been in direct contact with someone who has been diagnosed with COVID-19 within the past fourteen (14) days;
- You are experiencing a fever, cough, shortness of breath or any other respiratory illness symptoms.
- You have recently traveled to a high-risk area.
If any of the above apply, please contact the Court at 303-644-3249 to reschedule your case.
- Community Service Information
- Community Service Report
- Appearing in Court
The Bennett Municipal Court is a very traditional and polite place. When appearing in Court you should act, dress and speak in a way that helps your case. Here are some tips:
- When you come to court, dress as professionally as possible. This means clothes that are neat and clean and without holes. You should be clean and neatly groomed. Tank tops, shorts, and flip-flop footwear are not acceptable. Hats are not to be worn in the courtroom.
- How you act is as important as how you look. You must be respectful to everyone within the courtroom. This includes the Judge, Court Staff, witnesses and people in the building.
- The Court has a very busy schedule, so you must be on time for the Judge. If you are late, your case may be postponed. Make sure you are prepared with all the court documents you need.
- The Judge cannot speak to you about your case except when your case is being heard. The Court Staff will help you in any way they can with information about when your hearing is scheduled or about your fine. However, the Court Staff cannot provide you legal advice or recommendations on what you should do.
- If you represent yourself in Court, you may want to get legal advice from a lawyer ahead of time to make sure you are doing the right thing.
- Please be prepared to make payment of fines and costs. The court conducts a thorough investigation and review of all cases in which defendants request additional time to pay fines. The Court accepts cash, money order, or a check for payment of fines and costs. An additional fee of $40.00 will be charged for all returned checks.
- Also, please be advised that you cannot smoke, chew tobacco products, eat, or drink in the courtroom. Cell phones must be placed on silent and kept quiet at all times.
- Weapons of any kind are prohibited at Town Hall or Court.
In summary, always remember the 4 P’s; Professionalism, Punctuality, Politeness and Preparation. This will go a long way toward helping you help yourself in Court.
- Bennett Municipal Court Fee Schedule