Due to the public health precautions to prevent the spread of COVID-19, the Bennett Municipal Court will be reopening to the public on July 22, 2020 with the following requirements and restrictions:
- Mandatory Face Mask or Covering: To protect vulnerable populations who appear in the Bennett Municipal Court, the Court Orders the mandatory use of face masks or coverings at all times when entering the Municipal Court building and until exit from the courthouse. The face mask or covering must remain on to cover the nose and mouth at all times unless directed by the Court to be temporarily removed.
- Restricted Court Access: At this time, the Court Orders restricted building access. Only people with a docketed matter, scheduled appointment, making a payment or needing to clear a warrant will be allowed into the courthouse.
- Social Distancing is Required: The Court Orders that all persons shall maintain a minimum of six (6) feet between themselves and all other persons. There will be markers on the floor throughout the Courthouse to provide guidance and reminders.
- After checking in with the Court Clerk on their scheduled court date, all defendants are to remain outside the building until directed to re-enter.
- If you are ill or have any flu like symptoms, DO NOT COME TO COURT. You should NOT come to Court if:
- You have been diagnosed with COVID-19 (Novel Coronavirus) and you have not received a subsequent test confirming that you are currently virus free;
- You have been in direct contact with someone who has been diagnosed with COVID-19 within the past fourteen (14) days;
- You are experiencing a fever, cough, shortness of breath or any other respiratory illness symptoms.
- You have recently traveled to a high-risk area.
If any of the above apply, please contact the Court at 303-644-3249 to reschedule your case.