The Bennett School District is inviting the seniors and their immediate family members to be a part of a graduation parade on Sunday May 17 at 1:00 p.m.
Seniors and their families should arrive at the high school big gym parking lot at 11:30 a.m. to line up and register the graduating senior in the parade and graduation recognition. The graduates will receive their caps and gowns and are asked to wear them throughout the parade celebration.
The parade will begin at 1 p.m. and the parents and students will drive through the parade route together.
Extended family and community members are asked to park along the parade route to recognize and support the graduates.
It is imported that those watching the parade abide by current social distancing policies by staying in their vehicles and avoiding large gatherings.
Please see the parade map for details on the route the graduates and their parents will be driving.
The Bennett School District will have a photographer taking pictures and videotaping the celebration. The senior video will include a slide show presentation, graduation speeches and the parade celebration. The senior video will be mailed out to each senior in June.
Guidelines from CDE and the Colorado Department of Public Health and Environment:
- Vulnerable people at high risk of severe illness from COVID-19 and sick people must remain at home.
- All participants should be screened for fever and symptoms before entering the gathering.
- All participants, including graduates, administrators, guests or family members, must always remain at least six feet apart.
- Six-foot sections should be marked on the floor. Use small flags, tape, balloons, etc. to indicate the distance.
- To comply with the six-foot spacing, handshaking and hugs should not occur.
- If school chairs are provided, they must be disinfected before and after use by school staff using proper protocol.
- All participants must always wear cloth face coverings.
- Ceremonies must be held outside; inside ceremonies cannot occur.
- Diplomas, awards, medals, programs, etc. must not be handed out.
- Sharing or exchanging materials of any kind poses an increased risk for transmission/spread of COVID-19 and must not occur. (Throwing graduation caps, “sign-in” practices, gifts, flowers, etc).